Hello, I have a quick question for you. I am hoping that someone can tell me about high blood sugar in people with diabetes . Can high blood sugar cause headaches? If high blood sugar does cause headaches, then what kind of headache? How can such a headache be recognized?
Thanks for any replies.

Hi Meredithe,

First headaches are one of the symptoms of diabetes, type 1 and type 2. However not everybody with the diabetes is having headaches. The headaches might be different if the blood sugar is low or if the blood sugar is high.

I don’t think that headaches are much different from other headaches. You can only experience dizziness if you blood sugar is out of normal. You also have to know that headaches might cause even nausea and vomiting. Blurred vision can also be one of the symptoms in diabetes that can be accompanied with headaches.

If you are experiencing headaches often then you should consult your doctor about the insulin that you are using. You might need to change your therapy.