Hi! Can I ask a question about blood sugar levels? Last time I tested, my blood sugar level was 8.5 which is too high! Does high blood sugar always indicate a possibility of diabetes, or are there other conditions that also lead to high blood sugar levels? Your insights would be much appreciated.

Hi Manuel

8.5 is too high and it indicates some type of diabetes. However this doesn’t have to be accurate measuring of glucose in the blood. It depends when did you took the blood for measuring. It is important to know when the measurement will be accurate. For instance the type 2 diabetes is indicated when level of glucose is ranged from 4 to 7 mmol/L if blood is measured before the meal. If you are measuring the blood glucose after the meal type 2 diabetes is ranged up to 8.5 mmol/L.

So it is important to know when and what are you doing. You also need to constantly measure your glucose blood level to be sure if you are having any problems.