I took one on Saturday after having unprotected sex and now it is Monday. Without going into detail, last night I was raped. I don't want sympathy but i need to know that if I take another morning after pill today will it be effective? Please write back asap, thanks.

the emergency contraceptive pill is effective for up to 72 hours but is most effective the closer to the unprotected event as possible. while chances are the first dose will protect you from the second event since it's already in your system and creating effects in your uterus that keep a fertilized egg from implanting, it is safe to take again. you will experience more extreme side effects. you may want to contact planned parenthood or another reproductive health care specialist for a more professional opinion, but based on the literature I would say it is unnecessary due to the close proximity to the first dose, since your body already has the hormorones on board and is in the least favorable condition to get pregnant. it's rather like throwing a tissue into a toilet as it's already flushing...it's in time to just go with the original waste.