My girlfriend took the Plan B pill after our condom fell off during intercourse. After she took the pill we ended up having unprotected sex roughly an hour later. Will Plan B still be effective since we had sex after taking it? I'm worried. Any help would be appreciated.

Celebrity
It should be still effective because here is what plan B does: prevents ovulation, if ovulation had already occurred it thickens the cervical mucus, so the sperm doesn't reach the egg and it prevents implantation (fertilized egg getting attached to endometrium, lining of the uterus, indicating the start of pregnancy).

Now, this doesn't mean you should go and have un protected sex for another week. Be careful and play safe!

Thank you so much. She talked to her sister who's a nurse and she told us pretty much the same thing. And we don't have any more plans for unprotected sex in the foreseeable future (NOT ready for kids!!). She's starting BC very soon and I will still be using a condom from now on. Thanks again.

Celebrity
U R Welcome ;-)