hello my name is shane and my girlfriend just took the morning after pill and a few days later she is starting to spot. she took the pill on the day that the condom broke a few hours she took the pill. i was wondering what kind of effects does it have?? thanks for the help.

There are many different reactions that take place. Some women become ill and some just emotionally.

Scientists aren't completely sure how it works, they believe that levonorgestrel prevents pregnancy either by stopping the ovulation process or by disrupting the ability of sperm and egg to meet in the Fallopian tubes. Some speculate that the drug may prevent the fertilized egg from implanting as well, perhaps by making the uterine lining less receptive to the egg.

I guess we can say if know one knows, that there must be a desolving effect. Perhaps this is where the sometimes foam comes from or the runny liquids. You can always google for a wide variety of answers that i do not have.

do you guys know how much pills are in the morning after pill? my girlfriend took 2 pills at once but it says their is two times you have to take the pill one with in 72 hours and the other 12 hours after? thanks

you only take one at a time. there should be two pills.