DEAR SIR

I HAVE MIGRANE SINCE 16 YEARS AND I AM TAKING THE NARAMIG OR IMIGRAN , I AM NOW PREGNANT AND I AM AFRAID THAT THESE TWO MEDICINS WILL HAVE SIDE EFFECTS ON MY BABY PLEASE ADV. ME BACK

RGDS
FAYZEH

Hi:
Here are some statistics regarding Imigram and pregnancy.

Out of a total 376 pregnancies surveyed, 334 were taking the drug during the first-trimester. Here were the birth defects,etc. reported :

* 10 live births had birth defects
* 1 stillbirth was reported
* 1 induced abortion was reported.

There is some effect on the fetus as a result of using this drug.

ANY drug use should be under the knowledge and control of your doctor. Life sustaining meds would be the exception of course. However, you should know all of the possible consequences to your fetus. Please have a discussion with your doctor and don't take any non-life sustaining medications until you do. Please let us know.

Have you spoken to your doctor since you have been taking this medication? It seems that there is a statistically small but significant portion of children who had birth defects so I'm curious to hear if you have continued to take your medication or if the risk to your baby is too much right now and if you're taking any alternative medications instead. Please let us know what your situation is. Thanks!

What did you think about the statistics? Did you speak to your doctor? Are you still taking the medication? I am very anxious to hear about your experience. Please tell us what you've decided to do. This is a potentially dangerous situation. Please let us know what you've decided. If you have not made a decision, I sincerely hope that you will soon. Please let us know what your are thinking and/or what you've decided.

We haven't heard back from you. Are you still taking the medication? What did the doctor say? If you are taking it, will be able to do so until the end of the pregnancy? I'd like to know what your doctor said, but you've got to tell me. Please give me an update. I'd like to know that you are doing ok. I wish you the very best. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.