hello i am five months pregnant but before i found out i was , i wass drinking a lot and taking benzos and adderal prescreibed to me. now i only take them like once or twice a week if i need to but im still worried i did harm to my baby, is using these on occasion during my pregnnacy going to cause huge problems with my baby when theyre born? i mean are my odds slimmer and reduced than if were taking them everyday as i was prescribed before? i get a lot of vague answers like well u shouldnt take them at all or that as lonmg as i stop taking them befopre the  babys born i shoyuld be ok...i just want to know the probabilities of something going wrong knowing how i am still pyutting these substances in my body but not a lot of them. any help or answers would be appreciated!

All of the drugs you mentioned are bad for your baby. Benzo's cause cognitive impairment in adults, how do you think they affect a young growing mind? If you're going to bring another life into this world, don't mess up its future because of your personal issues...hold off on the pills until you have given birth.

Don't get me wrong. I take benzo's too, and I have issues. But I'm not a parent, so I can mess up my own life all I want. If your baby is born with birth defects or a reduced IQ how will you feel? You might not even know: your average "smart" child could have been "very smart" in theory, if you hadn't introduced sedatives into the womb. 

On a positive note, the fetus is less likely to be harmed in early pregnancy. The reason being that the baby is at that point a very basic organism. Sort of like a tadpole.

Anyway, I hope you make the right choice. It's never too late to make a change. Do it now or forever regret you didn't.

slmstar84, I am wondering if your baby's health/cognition/appearance has been in any way affected d/t you medication use during your pregnancy. I consume Adderall during my college semesters and take breaks in between and I do drink socially during my breaks. I am asking because it is possible that I am pregnant and I am so afraid that if I am, I have harmed my potential child. I currently am not taking any meds since I am on winter break but I have been drinking socially until I started experiencing pregnancy symptoms (as of a couple days ago).