Last couple of days besides feeling weak and tired (with abdominal pain) I have noticed that my scleras are becoming yellow. What’s wrong with my eyes? I am so worried; I never had this kind of problems before. A friend mentioned that this might be because to too much carotene in my diet, but I don’t recall eating too much of those lately.

By the symptoms you have mentioned, I can say that most likely you have some liver problems. This might be some mild infection but also something more dangerous. You have to do a blood test with analysis of the liver enzymes levels. Yellow scleras are usually the sign of some liver trouble, so you should see your doctor as soon as you can, today would be perfect.

Well having your white par t of eye turning yellow will lead to panic, because this is not something that you wish to ignore. Have you ever heard of condition called jaundice? Jaundice is a condition when your skin, mucus membrane or eyes begin to turn yellow. This condition occurs when there is too much build up of bilirubin. Bilirubin is collection of old blood cells that should be filtered by liver. And when liver doesn’t do its job correctly then you get side effect as yellow sclera. So you need to see a doctor and check the function of your liver. Have you noticed any problems with your liver in pasted period?
I hope this helped a bit.

Well,
If I am not mistaking jaundice is a condition that can cause sclera to become yellow. However this often happens to children. How old are you? Now there are several other things that can cause this condition like hepatitis, cirrhosis of liver, pancreatic cancer or even gallstones. Now gallstones can block the duct to your liver and there for you sclera will become yellow. My suggestion would be to see your doctor and to find the right cause of this because you can not treat this without knowing what has caused you problem in the first place. Sometimes this can be also caused by allergic so bare this in mind also.
All the best,
Nelie

Hallo,
If I am not mistaking here yellow sclera may indicate some problems with the liver. Do you know if you have any problems with liver? If you have abdominal pain you should see a doctor to test your live. The yellow sclera is just a symptom which can be really caused by several things. How long has this been bothering you? There is also a chance that this can be caused by an allergy. DO you know if you are allergic to anything? You should try to test your self and find the real cause of the yellow sclera. I think it is also called jaundice. I hope this helped a bit.

All the best to you,
Karen