My mum started to lose hair dramatically. I don’t know why. She is 47 years old and maybe she started going through menopause. I suppose that can be one of the reasons but I’m not sure. She is desperate and I don’t know what to think. Can menopause trigger hair loss?

Yes, of course. You should know that many women experience some hair loss during their menopausal years. It’s nothing dangerous but it can be stressful because lost hair can make a woman feel less feminine and can cause depression. Hair loss from menopause often returns to normal 6 months to 2 years later.

I am 47 and people tell me i don't look it... but lately I have been
shedding my hair...it is embarrsing.. and i'm very depressed...I have told peolple that I think I'm in menopause state and they think that I'm cazy, cause I don't look like that I'm that old?????? Help, What to do??? P.S. Nointerest in Bedroom forgot what a period was. oh yah a dot at the end of a sentence...Just me ... almost bald...