I had the ablation done back in March of 2010 and I have been almost what looks like bald spots on the top of my head. I have been noticing alot of hair everywhere. I am now very concerned about my hair lose. Will it grow back? Is this something that I need to see my doctor for. Has anyone else experienced hair loss with the ablation. :'(

Hi Maymay

High androgen hormone levels can bring on hair loss, and this can be treated.

But I'm not sure what type of 'ablation' you had - can you fill us in?

Regards, Olwen :-)

Hi Maymay

Regards, Olwen :-)

I was having alot of bleeding with my periods so I went to my GYN and the did the ablation where they burned my uterus so now I don't have periods. I believe they did it with hot water. Since I had this done I have not really had a period, its just a little brown discharge.

I believe what I had is called endometrial ablation. Where they burn the linning of the uterus.

Hi, just wondering, did your hair grow back? I had the same procedure done, and a few months afterwards I developed alopecia.

I had same procedure a few months ago and now have bald spots and extreme hair thinning. Just wondering if your hair grew back?