Hi! I usually check my blood once a year and all the results were fine till yesterday. I got my results yesterday and my doctor told me that my liver enzymes (AST and ALT) are slightly elevated. He also told me not to worry and asked me if I used any medicines recently. Since I had headache two day ago I took few paracetamol tablets and that was all. He thinks this is the cause and I have to do laboratory test in two weeks again. Can paracetamol elevate liver enzymes?

Hello! You should not worry, paracetamol can elevate liver enzimes and it is most probably the reason in your case. Since the liver is an important internal organ and performs many important functions I understand your concern. Paracetamol and alchocol can sometimes elevate liver enzymes, but they turn back to normal value after very short time. Have confidence in your doctor and don't worry.