I just came from the doctor. I was on the annual health check up, organized by my company. It seems that I m just fine, except for two things. Doctor said that I should try and loose some of the extra weight (I have around 10 kilos more then I need). Also, results showed that I have elevated liver enzymes. I was told that it does not have to mean anything, but still I have to pass some additional examination. Why is that? Could this be something serious?

Usually, elevated liver enzymes really do not indicate any serious condition, so let us hope that it is your case also. Still, those additional tests will show if there is some underlying condition. Some possibilities include: diabetes, elevated triglycerides (this could be your situation, you do have extra weight), infections, gallstones and some other, very serious conditions which we will not mention here until new results are done.