I am a 28 yr old, I never drink, and I do smoke. My liver enzymes where 187, my DR says it should be 1-31. I had my Gal Bladder removed in April and I have been tested for hepatitis and do not have it. Why would liver enzymes be elevated in the blood work if nothing is wrong with me? What does it mean?

The elevated liver enzyme result in blood work indicates that there is inflammation and damage to the liver cells and their membranes. Liver enzymes are normally contained within the liver cells. Only when the cells are damaged or inflamed, do the enzymes leak into the blood stream. This can occur due to many reasons: a fatty liver, alcohol excess, some medications such as long term antibiotics, and pain killers, oral synthetic Hormone Replacement, viral infections of the liver such as hepatitis C & B, auto-immune hepatitis, hemachromatosis, primary biliary cirrhosis, exposure to toxic chemicals such as insecticides, pesticides, organic solvents and incorrect diet. But, I guess you eliminated few possibilities already. Luckily for you, the liver cells are very resilient and with proper diet and supplements they will repair. The enzyme levels will slowly come down over time in the case of simple fatty liver, in few months.

my alt was 62, 60 is max, please breakdown what causes this + 2 elevation and if i should worry/ Yes I do drink beer , but I was exposed to methane gases and whatever else comes up from the floor drains in a lockerrom that uses green technology! This was over a 3-4 month period off and on. I had to pour water down the drains in the bathhroom and showerroom to raise the water level to get rid of the stink, but I don't know how long it took to get rid of the fumes that you can't smell. >;)

I have a lot of fear today because I have been running a fever for weeks now. I have been throwing up a lot and when I had blood work done my liver enzymes were high and then they took urine and my urine had protein in it which I do not know what that means,. I am being sent for additional bloodwork and a ultrasound of my liver along with a chest x-ray. I am on long term narcotic pain meds due to a disease I have called chronic regional pain syndrome. So from what all I am reading my liver enzymes might be high because of my meds but what about the protein in my urine?

Just FYI, have you seen a Rheumatologist for your "pain issue"? Sounds like you might have Fibromyalgia. I have pain all over my body too and I was diagnosed 10 yrs ago with Fibromyalgia. Look it up online and see if it sounds like you. I take pain meds for it and I also just got an elevated liver bloodwork. Hope this helps.

Could you be taking too much Acetaminophen? You will be amazed at how your levels will increase due to it!

Guest wrote: im also having the same things wrong with me,besides my stomach is very swallon it looks as if i am 4-6months pregant.What would that be from? and also i am suppose to go for more test. I dont drink,i do smoke, do not have pain medications in my daily diet..So no clue on what it could be im so weak i cant even walk up my stairs and my stomach feels as if im gonna blow at anytime.Anyone with some helpful answers would be greatlyb apperciated...

CHECK OUT PLEASE

kmw1985 I am no doctor but I do know that being allergic to gluten can cause a bloated stomach also.

Kmw, i dont know your gender but in case you are a woman, bloated szomach that looks like pregnant might be cause by myoma. Its better have it checked by your OBGYNE for an ultrasound.

it sounds like a condition called irritable bowel sydrome or lactose intolerance for starters cut out dairy products and salads except steamed vegetables and drink six bottles of water

That is found in pm pills?

Someone help me. I have elevated enzymes in my blood. I found out yesterday. I am a drinker and have been my whole life. Over the past ten years, I have ratcheted down to only drinking one glass of wine with dinner per night. I also have been taking percosett for my replaced broken hip for 8 years. I kniow a past of drinking can be detrimental to your liver and cause hepatitis. I am going to a Doctor now after not going for 20 years because of no money and this is where I found out this shocking information. I am only 62. Another problem is that I have gone from 2130 to 210 lbs in a period of two years/ Fast weight gain can put fat into the liver. Will I live or die? Can I correct this by losing weight, stop drinking completely and maybe taking less percoset? Is my end going to be yelloww skin and a hospital bed with pain? Will my teenage daughters be left without a mother? How long before I die?

I have been having the same problem with the liver enzymes high, I went in to get checked for Diabetes and they said my enzymes were high. I did bloodwork 3 times, urine sample 2 times, and I did a ultra sound about a week ago (still no results). I have no idea whats going on and they wont tell me nothing.

I do not drink, smoke, or smoke weed.