I am a 36 year old female who has been having left side abdominal pain for 1 week now. My family dr has done bloodwork and is now telling me that my liver enzymes are elevated. Does anyone have an idea on what could be the cause?

I also had elevated liver enzymes... about on January 20th i was rushed to the hospital because i had a severe pain in the upper abdominal area, below the breast.. it was a sharp pain and i felt i couldn't resist the pain.. in the hospital my liver enzymes were a bit high 160 something and 70 something.. i had been taking Phentermine for Weight loss as well as Furosemide.. i'm guessing they caused my liver enzymes to sky rocket.. at the hospital i also found out i had a UTI so they prescribed me with Macrobid which in the side effects states not to take if you're having liver problems or high enzymes... and they prescribed it to me!!! Just last week on Feb 4th i was rushed to the hospital again with very severe pain in the abdomen again.. i then found out my liver enzymes sky rocketed even more.. 900 and 700... i was scared but they tested me for everything.. Hepatitis, Mono, had an ultrasound, MRI, MRCP and Cat scan and all came back negative. They ruled out it was because of the medication or mixture of medications i was taking.. as i got discharged from the hospital on Sunday they were 48 and 200 something.. the second one was a bit high but they were going down by themselves so they sent me home.. i'm going to run test again this Friday to see if they're back to normal

you probably have peptic or gastric ulcer. That causes left side pain as well as rise in ALT etc.