I am hoping you can give me an insight into the life of people with schizophrenia. I would be especially interested in finding out if schizophrenia can affect the social relations a person who suffers from the disease is able to form, and if so, how this is the case. I do not know much about schizophrenia, so any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

I used to be a member of a sports clubs where a guy with schizophrenia also attended. I'd known him for years before I found out he had schizophrenia, and he had always been the nicest possible person. Until, at some point, he decided he no longer needed his medication. Than we head stories about Cubans spies with big guns, and it was rather frightening to see him turn into such a paranoid, irrational and even violent person right in the middle of our training. I can see how that kind of behaviour might affect your social life, yeah :-).