I would like to know what is schizotypal disorder. Thanks in advance!

Hey there,
I guess you are aware that schizotypal disorder has something to do with mental disorder and it sounds similar to schizophrenia… anyhow it is not schizophrenia. Schizotypal disorder is characterized by eccentric behaviour and as I said anomalies as seen with schizophrenic patients. For example persons behaviour is eccentric, odd, has symptoms of social withdrawal, such as lack of friends (except the closest relatives), has odd speech and thinking, is paranoid and suspicious, is inconsistent with subcultural norms, has illusions… Schizotypal disorder usually occurs in early adolescence… This mental disorder runs fluctuations of intensity and occasionally evolves into overt schizophrenia

Hi. Schizotypal disorder is a personality disorder. It is characterized with social isolation, odd behavior and thinking, unconventional beliefs (for example, a person with SD could think she or he has extra sensory abilities). SD is best to treat with psychotherapy. There is no simple solution. Sometimes, behavioral approaches are helpful. Group therapies are good in some cases. Meds can be used in treatment of SD.