Hello, folks. My nephew has some problems in school and he was taken to a psychiatrist. It seems that he has oppositional defiant disorder. I would like to know what kind of social problems we can expect in his case. Is it possible for someone to answer me this? I would appreciate it.

Hello. Persons with ODD have a lot of problems with their social surroundings. They oppose to authorities and that can lead them to a lot of problems. School and family environment are also affected by this acting. They bully other people. They can also show cruelty to animals. In any case, they should visit psychiatrist regularly. Only then some improvement can be made. I hope your nephew will feel better. Good luck with all!

Hi, there. ODD really affects social life of that person. I mean, would you hang out with a bully? This affects their family relations as well. Of course, if this lasts, then their academic and occupational issues are affected as well. That is why parents should be persistent in the treatment. I am sure that this affects their emotional life as well. I hope your nephew will manage to pull out of this. I wish him all the luck! Bye!