I would just like to know one thing – are people with antisocial personality disorder dangerous? A friend’s friend has it and I have also heard that he had some problems with the law, are those two things connected? It is not that I can choose my friend’s friends for him, but maybe I should tell him what is really going on.

Actually, people with that condition usually have problems with the law, or are alcohol or drug users. They get bored easily and cannot keep a job for a long time, and that also goes for a relationships. There are no medications for that condition, but only therapy sessions might help, of course, if they want to attend those.

Hallo,
You have to understand that antisocial personality disorder is a mental health condition. There are many characteristics of this condition like violation of right of other, manipulation and explorations are just some of them. These conditions are all connected with criminal and they are against the law. There is no specific cause of antisocial personality disorder but some say that genetic factor might be involved. Also if he was abused as a child he can develop antisocial personality disorder later in life. How old is your friend’s friend? I know that most often this condition is noticed in early twenties. Sometimes these people are dangerous and sometimes they can even harm themselves as well. I hope this helped a bit.

These answers are not accurate. I am anti-social and I have never used drugs and never been arrested. Im no means violent and never have been. There are people who are very social and have been arrested and use drugs. Anti-social can be a form of depression, or someone who wants zero drama in their lives, we are also very sensitive therefore not wanting anyone in our lives for fear of being hurt. Next time you see or hear about an anti social person dont be so quick to Judge. We may not be social, but we would never dream of hurting someone. Most of us perfer Animas over people (less drama and BS and unconditional love). Being a criminal or a violent person can be in ANYONE with ANY type of personality.

I believe this is regarding sociopaths more than what you are relating it to. You appear to be more of a loner which is totally different.

This post is asking about a personality disorder, not a personality type. Anti-social personality disorder is the modern term for sociopathy. And those who have this disorder are, by definition, violent criminals. You sound like an introvert. Anti-social, but not someone with anti-social personality disorder.

I agree not all anti social are into drugs or trouble with the law. Some anti social just don’t want drama in there life.

I think you misunderstood antisocial with asocial, in your case you are asocial

Read the true meaning of anti social personality disorder in the DSM-5. What you described does not at all match the true description of the disorder. Just because your someone who isn't sociable doesn't mean you have the actual disorder.

YOU ARE NOT ASPD DEAR..YOU HAVE BEEN MISDIAGNOSED