Hello, I have problems with my left eye for a long time. It is a result of different complications and now I have to deal with blurred lens – cataract. On the last examination, doctor told me it is a secondary cataract and I am not sure what does that mean. Can you correct secondary cataract with glasses?

Secondary cataract is induced by extracting the lens because it is damage in some way. Sometimes, it is not possible to remove the entire lens mass and then secondary cataract happens. This condition is usually dealt with by laser operation and as far as I know it is not recommendable to be treated with glasses, I suppose it is not efficient enough.

Hi there,
Secondary cataract is interesting because cataract substance is already removed with the first surgery. You have to understand that this is not rare condition and many patients after the first surgery have problems with secondary cataract. I think that your best option to remove this successfully is to have a laser surgery. The laser allows the surgeon to make a hole in the cloudy capsule that is causing the problems and clear the vision. Now as you can see there is no way that glasses will help you with this condition because you need to be cleared from the substance that covers your eye lens. I hope this helped a bit.
Best wishes,
Marco