Hello! I am Molly and I have a problem. Namely, my grandfather will go to cataract surgery, but his doctor mentioned something like multifocal lens. What that is? I know that my grandfather will be operated with laser and that’s it. Can you explain me correlation with multifocal lens and cataract surgery? Thanks!

Hello! Multifocal lens are used after cataract surgery. Let me explain you this: you know that after cataract surgery patient should wear glasses. Instead of glasses, after surgery to him/her can be inserted lens implant. To be precisely, multifocal lens. Multifocal lens will help person to see normally. If i was not clear enough, please contact me for more information.

Hi there,
Now I know that cataracts are done very often and it is one of the most done procedures in the US. Also choosing the lens is very important. I know that a multifocal lens implant provides excellent vision after cataract surgery at a variety of distances. I really can’t say that this will be the best option for his. you have to talk to his doctor and decide together what he needs to have. How long has he been having cataract? However multifocal lens will help him in reading and watching television at the same time. His vision will be norma after this. I hope this helped you a bit.

Best wishes,
Marco