I had cataract surgery in April 5, 2006 of this year. Now 4 months later the same eye doctor tells me the new lens he put in is starting to wrinkle some and is some cloudy also. He wants to do laser surgery to pop open the new lens in maybe 2 months. What is this laser procedure like? size=18]

It would help us all, if people would put the type of lens. so we don't make the same mistake.

Hallo,
I think that cataract surgery is one of the most performed surgeries now days. I think that the laser surgery is very safe and some even say that it is much better than the classic procedure. If I am not mistaking here you will improve the reliability, reproducibility and safety of cataract surgery. The fact is that with laser doctors can create tighter closing wound in the eye which is very important in the after care. The only problem that I can think of is that the laser surgery is more expensive than the regular surgery so if you think that this is a problem you need to discuss this with your doctor.

All the best to you,
Karen