Hello! I have been suffering from myopia for some time and I started to feel tired of wearing glasses. I want to change my outlook and I would like to get rid of my glasses. I heard that wearing orthokeratology lens correct myopia. My mother is against it since she is afraid I could hurt my eyes while wearing lenses during the night. Can orthokeratology lens correct my myopia?

Hello! Orthokeratology lenses are one of the possibilities to reduce the wearing of your eye glasses. But, as I know their results in serious decreasing of myopia degrees in adults have been disappointing. As I know the procedure appears to retard a little the progression of myopia in children with early myopia. It also works the best up to 4,00 diopters of myopia and I know it is very safe.

Hi there,
Well as much as I know contact lenses can help in reduction of eye problems so I think that you myopia will get better if you use contact lenses. Now I am not really sure if I can suggest you any brand that you can use but the best thing would be to see your doctor and discuss this with him and he can suggest the best option for your condition. You have to know that you will need some time to get used to lenses because this is something new to your eyes and they have to adjust to them. I hope this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco