Hi! I had a cataract surgery few months ago. And now I have secondary cataract. I didn’t know that something like that can happen to me. My doctor is suggesting laser surgery for secondary cataract. Does anybody know what it is? Is this surgery helpful? What can I expect after it?

Well, first you should know that secondary cataract is quite common can. It occurs despite a perfect cataract surgery. That means you can get it even if you had correct cataract surgery. Secondary cataract can successfully be clear away with laser surgery. Don’t worry. This surgery is painless and very effective.

Hi there,
When did you had your first cataract surgery and is this one on the other eye or your first surgery was not successful? You have to know that this is most performed surgery in US and it is performed more than one and a half million times each year. This is a big number I have to tell you. Now some ore done traditional way and some are done with laser surgery. Both are very safe and good so I think that you don’t have to worry about this too much. You should just listen to your doctor and everything will be alright. i hope this helped you a bit.

All the best,
Danella