Which lens is the most likely not to cause problems such as glare or eyestrain? My doctor recommends one Restore and a Resume in the other eye. Is it likely that with single focal lens no glasses will be needed?

I am not a doctor, but have read that both Restore and Resume have glare issues. Have you thought about an accommodating lens? They can be more expensive, but may be a good choice for a
But my official answer is ask your doctor 8)

Well,
Just a second, have you had surgery or you are about to have surgery for cataract? I know that the lens is the clear part in the front of the eye that helps to focus light or an image on the retina and when you have problems with it you need an operation to fix the problem. I am not sure why are you interested in brand of the lens because doctor has most experience with this so if I were you I would follow his lead on this one. I think that you will mostly benefit if he chooses the right lens for you. I hope this helped a bit.

All the best,
Nelie