Hello! I have just finished my treatment of herpes zoster (shingles) with famvir. It really helped a lot. Actually, I went to see my doctor immediately after first signs of shingles occurred and I started my therapy on time. But, I am afraid this situation may appear again and I don't know if you can get a prescription of famvir for possible future outbreaks?

Hi! I know how you felt while having shingels. It is not nice at all and I understand your fear completely, but don't worry. As you said you finished your therapy and you feel fine now, so Famvir worked and you are well again. Of course you know you still have herpes virus in your body, but it desn't mean you will have shingles every six months. Most probably you will never have them again. But in a case some problems appear again you should do the same as the first time - visit your doctor. Since you should not take any medicines before visting your docotr it is not necessary to have famvir for future.