Hello, folks. My friend suffers from herpes zoster. I have recently found out that one can never get rid of herpes zoster virus. Is this true? I mean, this is terrible. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with this. I will appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance.

Hello, there. First, I must correct you in something. Herpes zoster virus does not exist. Herpes zoster infection is caused by varicella zoster virus. This virus causes chickenpox in its first contact with an individual organism. This virus can never been eliminated from organism. Usually, after chickenpox passes, this virus gets into a latent phase. In most of the people, it stays this way for ever. However, if an organism is under a lot of stress or immune system is compromised, there is herpes zoster infection. Once appeared, each time there is some imbalance in organism, an infection will appear. I hope this helps.