I am suffering from skin rash called shingles. It seems that someone infected me with this. I am not sure how, lately I was under lot of stress. I went to see a doctor about this rash and she prescribed me Aciklovir for treatment. I would like to know what causes shingles and what possible complications of this infection are.

I know about this infection called shingles. When my son had chickenpox, doctor told us that the virus that causes chickenpox lives in nerves and is never fully cleared from the body. The same virus called varicella zoster causes the shingles, although there is a herpes virus that causes shingles and chicken pox is not the same as the herpes virus that causes genital herpes. Maybe you didn’t have chickenpox but never the less you can be infected. I am not sure about complications although I know that blisters can become infected. A more worrisome complication occurs when shingles affect the face, specifically the forehead and nose that shingles can affect the eye leading to loss of vision.

Shame I also had it once and dont worry if you go to a doctor soon enoth its not likely you will get it again. You got it because of the stress you had and its a germ that stayed in your body after you got chicken pox as a child.

You will be fine because a doctor is giving you treatment. Its just a germ you kept after you had chicken pox as a child and when you are under a tremendous amount of stress you are likely to get shingels. So try not to stress so much and just take your meds. Had it once