My husband is diagnosed with herpes zoster (shingles) and he got prescription for Famvir (Famciclovir). The next day I brought home the medicine and he took it after he drunk a glass of wine. Can drinking alcohol be dangerous while on Famvir (Famciclovir) for shingles? And if can, how dangerous this may be?

Look I am not an expert, so I can not give you precise answer I can only share my experience. When I have taken my first pill of Famvir few years ago, I didn't know that it not suppose to be mixed with alcohol. I ended very sick and was taken to ER. Never again I took those two (Famvir and alcohol) at the same time. If the package says that you should not, then you should not.

NO! do not! I did it once and passed out drinking - and I never pass out drinking.
On another occasion I was chatting with my buddy who has an undergrad and masters in Chemistry from Imperial College, London - he said, "whoa, you can't mix these...gave some scientific thing I didn't understand, and said you're poisoning your liver when you take those two together"