I have developed rash on one side of my back. The first patches appeared three days ago and today some of them look like blisters. I am concerned about it can be recurrent herpes zoster. I had very bad chicken pox when was teenager. I have heard that zoster is caused by reactivation of chicken pox virus.

Zoster is caused by chicken pox and affects nerves. It affects one side and looks like rash that develop in blisters. Usually it heals within 2-4 weeks. Herpes zoster is painful and may leave scars. It should be treated with acyclovir that is taken orally. Tylenol can be taken to relieve pain and discomfort. Talk to your physician about symptoms you have developed. It seems to me like real zoster.

Shingles appear only on one side of your body. The virus is caused bey the same one as in chicken pox and was hidden in your nerve cells.