Hi! I feel face pain, very intense on a both sides of the face. I have shingles (herpes zoster). Also, I heard that cause of face pain can be herpes. Is that true? Is there any kind of treatment? This is bothers me a lot.

Hi! Postherpetic neuralgia is a painful condition affecting your nerve fibers and skin. It's a complication of shingles. Once reactivated, the virus travels along nerve fibers, causing pain. When the virus reaches your skin, it produces a rash and blisters. A case of shingles (herpes zoster) usually heals within a month. But some people continue to feel pain long after the rash and blisters heal. This pain is known as postherpetic neuralgia. If you do develop postherpetic neuralgia, see your doctor right away. Finding an effective treatment to relieve the pain can sometimes be frustrating. You may have to work with your doctor and sometimes other specialists to try a variety of treatments before you find something that helps.