Is she pregnant? My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex about a week after she ovulated. I didn't ejaculate and I was only inside of her for 5 minutes at the most. She's been taking birth control and she says that the day that we had sex she took 6 birth control pills because that would be equivalent to the doses of a Plan B pill. However, her period is late and she has been spotting, so i'm getting a bit worried. Any advice to what might be going on?

I doubt she's pregnant, but she has probably messed up her cycle. A week after ovulation she would not be llikely to be fertile, and taking 6 contraceptive pills is not the equivalent of a Plan B pill. What pill has she taken?

she says that she's been taking Reclipsen birth control pills. Are some pills more effective than others?

Yes, but I am more concerned that she has taken an overdose. The advice is "If overdose is suspected, contact a poison control center or emergency room immediately."

Geez, how do you know if she's overdosed? Is she gonna miss her period this month or is it just going to come later?

You said she took 6 pills instead of one - that's a serious overdose! It may be late, or it may be missed, and the timing of the next periods my be uncertain. I strongly recommend a medical check-up to see what damage may have been done.