I need to know if valium overdose can kill you. I need to know because there are some people I know who take valium to try and kill themselves. They haven't done it yet but i want to know ahead of time.

Please if you can answer I would be thankful.

Thank you so much.

Hi: Of course Valium can kill you. What any drug overdose does is KNOCK you out and your stomach vomits up ALL of the pills - because it can't handle the overload. So then because your breathing is low and you can't role over - due too being comatose. You basically suffocate on your vomit!!!!!!!!

You need too get these people some help, tell them to phone a suicide help line or go straight too the hospital. Them telling you this is a cry for help. And CAN'T be ignored! There have even been lawsuits by bereft families, against the people that knew their children or loved ones were going too commit suicide but didn't do anything. Because suicide is a murder right?! Most people don't think of it that way of course, if you attempt suicide you can even get charged with attempted murder!!!! So you need to have them get help, so it will exonerate you from all of the terrible stuff that happens after someone kills themselves.

On a personal note, I wanted to state what TOTAL devestation suicide leaves behind. I have known a couple of people that killed themselves, and what the "survivors" have too deal with, the person that did this CANNOT even comprehend. I am sure if they saw the devestation they leave behind - including what the police, EMS, family members etc (whomever finds the body), they WOULD think twice of their selfishness. Because that is what I think suicide is. IF you are healthy, and do not have a terminal illness, I believe you do not have the right too take your life. I understand TOTALLY despair and anquish, but I have also seen a loved one SUFFER untolerablely from Cancer and she died with dignity - she was my mom!!!!! :-( :'( As far as I am concerned, she and others like her would be the only ones who could decide too take their own lives before the disease does. EVERYONE else NO WAY!!!

A dear friend of mines brother, shot his brains out in their dads bedroom. Can you even imagine what this poor man SAW!!!! The devestation he brought onto his family, is still being felt and that was 15 years ago. I knew a man who hung himself in the doorway of the garage, this is where his 8 year old daughter came home!!!!!! Thank God the neighbour found him before she found her daddy there!! CAN you even imagine the rest of her life? Another person I knew - when I was a teenager - went home after school, closed the family room curtains, his parents came home after work and wondered why the curtains were closed they opened them and there he was hanging from a noose that he had perfectly measured so his whole body would be hanging right infront of them!!!!!!! :-S :-S >;) :-S :'( You know why? Because they grounded him for doing drugs!!!!!!!!! So personally I have ZERO empathy for people who actually commit suicide. Because the devestation and destruction of MANY peoples lives after is DISGUSTING, and BEYOND human strength.

So get them to get some help, and tell them how you feel, and read them what I said. It is time for them too stop being selfish and get help and get on with life, NOT destroy it!!! Good luck to you too!!!!

totally disagree with that comment..if the person who wrote that had ever gone through the horrendous continual pain people who are suicidal feel they would not have made such a comment. People who are not in the situation and not feeling the pain and depression really have no idea what is it like, when you feel you have no one to turn to, no other options, you've been let down by family and friends ringing a complete stranger to talk to is just not a realistic solution when your feeling like this. I'm speaking from experience sometimes it really is the best option whether we want to believe it or not and i believe its selfish on our part for feeling they have caused so much misery on others. its their life and they can choose to do what ever they want with it.

WTF IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU PPLE! YOU GUYS ARE SITTING HERE TALKING BOUT PPLE KILLING THEMSELVES!! ONE OF YOU IS SAYING BASICALLY YU HAVE NO EMPATHY FOR PPLE WHO DO IT. WELL FIRST OF ALL BUDDY, HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN THOUGH IN THERE LIFE, CHILDHOOD, ADULT HOOD. YOU KNOW NOTHING! MY MOTHER HERSELF IS A SELF HARMER ND IVE SEEN IT ALL. FROM TAKING PILLS, OVERDOSING, CUTTIN HERSELF, EVEN STABBING HERSELF 9TIMES IN THE STOMACH, I WILL ADMIT I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND HOW PPLE CAN TAKE THERE OWN LIVES, BUT I TAKE NOTE OF WAT THEY HAVE BEEN THROUGH.. AND THE HURT AND ANGER THAT THEY HAVE. LIKE THE OTHER GIRL SAID IF YOU HAVE BEEN LET DOWN BY FRIENDS EVEN FAMILY MEMBERS. HAVE NO FRIENDS, NO ONE TO TURN TO, WHO ELSE DO YOU HAVE.. SO IF I WERE YOU MATE,
THAT IS ALL!!

My main point is people who are TRYING! They are obviously in terrible pain and also they are BEGGING for help! And like I stated to the original poster, in this day and age of lawsuits she HAS to get some help for them! Of COURSE I have Empathy - I have been VERY close to taking my life MANY times in my life! I know that when people take their own lives they are hurting and feel they have no recourse! IF you look at the examples I gave about the people that I know that committed suicide, they did it as a statement! Shooting htemseles in the head, IN his dads bedroom!!! Hanging themselves after closing the curtains - so the parent SEE that!!!!, Hanging themselves in the door where their 8 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER comes home through!!! :-S I am talking about people doing it as the ultimate get back! NOT from being in intolerable emotional and mental anguish! I GET that! BUT I also value life more since I saw my mother fight for every second and every minute! It gave me a new perspective on "right to die"

Obviously with your veiled threat against me, you have suffered a lot from watching your mom hurt herself and try to kill herself! I feel bad for you! Your mom is obviously very desperate and suffering! Which is VERY sad! There was a young girl in the states that was bullied SO severely she hung herself - I GET that! More than most! It is AWFUL! And as far as I'm concerned the bullies and the teachers - who did nothing - should ALL be charged with attempted murder! My heart BREAKS for her and her family! And I get ALL the despair as I was TORTURED as a kid!

It seems you have a lot of anger issues from what you have seen and experienced with your mom! BUT that doesn't give you the right to make a threat!!!

well three days ago i tried to do it. was it a cry for help? maybe. do i regret it no. i suffer wit depression and find it verydifficult to talk to anyone about my feelins. i loathe myself. im 28 fairly attractive, generous, selfless as in always put others before myself. my boyfriend describes me as soft and th emost carin person he knows. i describe my self as disgusting. over the years i have upset people and caused hurt. i havnt killed anyone or even anything remotely that bad. this can be as simple as ending a relationship or tellin a friend that an outfit doesnt suit them. i consider myself evil. i refuse to lie yet am haunted by those hurt expressions where i tell the truth.

if i see a dead cat in the road i will pull over and move it out of the way so when the owners find it the body is intact and not squashhed weyond recognition. if my cats kill an animal i will cry for days. yet i do not feel like a good person. i do not feel as though i deserve love or happiness.

i know that my family would hurt over my death but i feel that i am causin them more pain by inflicting myself on their lives. why should i enjoy the beauty that the world offers. that red glow as the sun sets, the blue of the sky, the love of my partner when i know that i am bad. i dream about people from my past and the expressions on their faces that i caused. the longer i am here the more hurt i could cause.

who the f are you to say im selfish and not thinking of others. this weekend is the first time ive thought of myself. i dont even know who i am as have put an act on for others benefit for so long.

ive been referred for help. my family jus like you called me selfish some to the point that they threatened to do the same. should i live with that guilt is that suportive.

the oly person that truly understands and has been trying to get ne to open up for some time is my partner. my mother attacked him whilst he was asleep and is now filing assault charges. i am here now for him. the only reason i phoned 999 was because i knew he woudl be blamed.

y whole life has been about others and how tehy feel and making sure they are ok to th epoint that i suffer migraines and ibs which i ignore. my suicide was mine it was me finally taking control of my life. how dare you say im selfish until you have felt what i feel your opinion means nothin. yes it woudl have been selfish but isnt me lying to people every day about how feel selfish, not letting them see the real me. who are you to judge?

Dear RA! I would NEVER say that someone in your position and you in particular are selfish! I am talking about people that plan it for the ultimate get back as in my examples! I GET the self loathing and the mental and physical pain - I do! And I ALSO know that despair of thnking that tommorrow or the day after will be just as bad as today! It can be from hormonal, problems, mental illness, depression etc. I feel SO bad for you honey! I think that you have a family that is NOT supportive of you and that is a crime! We can't pick our family, but we can pick our friends! So if it takes you WALKING away from their neglect and just surrounding yourself with friends and your boyfriend that is exactly what you will have to do! I am pretty sure that the reason why you loathe yourself so much is probably from your upbringing - that you weren't quite good enough - I GET that! Since you partner has looked into help for you take it! When you called 999 did they offer for you see a psychiatrist or psychologist!? You need to know that you are NOT alone honey! There are many of us on here that are willing to listen and help you in anyway we can! Don't think that for one minute I am daming you for hurting so much! That is not what I was talking about - it was the experiences I have gone through! I just look at ending life differently than I used to BECAUSE of the pain of my friends left behind and also the fight my mom did to live 1 more hour or day! This is MY personal experience, and I am NOT negating true emotional suicide at ALL OK?! Big hugs!

im sure i already repliedbut then im not 100% what day it is lately. thanks i appreciate your comment. i only told you half a story but you seem to have accurately filled he blanks. i have an olderbrother who will neverdo wrong in mums eyes. my mum is amazing but she seems to struggle with hearing and seeing the truth when it comes to me. im jus lookin forward now. ive told her will contact in a few weeks but for nowto leave me and the bf to deal with it our way. any aditional input is just gonna cause more stress which i know i cant handle now.

thanks for understandin and sorry for the abuse but after the reactions i had i had some anger to release x

Totally understand honey! sometimes you have to take the toxic people out of your life! even IF those toxic people are family! I have suffered with "Not being quite good enough" ALL my life! And that was thanks to my parents = in particular mu mother - thus me saying "Parents have a LOT to answer for" I go out of my way with my boys to make them loved and treasured and HEARD every day! If you ever need to talk I'm usually on here OK? Big hugs and good health and peace of mind and spirit!

HI, to the girl who thinks she is bad. You are not! You sound like a lovely, sensitive, honest person. Have you considered anti-depressants? I know, it can be difficult trying to find the right one for you (I am on zoloft and they help ALOT.) You are not selfish, it is your life,although that is hard for some people to understand. I agreed with alot of your comments and views, my heart goes out to you because i think that I know how you might be feeling. Try to stay strong if you can, I wish you well, I hope you recover and good luck with your life.

Tried it with 900 mgs and for the life of me still cannot figure out why I am still here. 

man all i wanted to know is that if i was to take 50-80 10mg diazapan will i just go to sleep and thats game over. instead i have to read someone telling me suicide is selfish. well i cant eat anything i have severe crohns disease , i am also a suicidal bi-palor. the only thing keeping me here is my son but i am getting sicker and am suffering more pain then i can handle. and im just FUCING TIRED. DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THAT??? everyday i try to eat and if i dont throw it up it hurts my stomach so bad i want to blow my brains out, and im tired of all the meds doctors and people who tell ME i can live with. i tried 3 times, yes the first time was a cry for help, the secound i was so drunk i didnt slice my rists deep enough and the 3rd i said good by to my brother and dad knocked the door down before i could pull the trigger. now i just want to take my pills and just go to bed and thats it. so will the pills do it. i dont want to try and not sucied. thankyou. and to the people who dont understaand walk in my shoes or someone else with suicidal thoughts and never ending pain for 10 days hell 5 i bet you think of it. hell dont judge till your in that persons condition thankyou

So are you still with us, or did you overdose?  I am only on this site reading all this, because im doing a net search to see if my bottle of valium and a bottle of rum will knock me off. Im sick of this hell hole world, even though i love god and what he has given us, but hay, only creation itself is good, and god of course, but humans and living is not. I love my hubby so much and i have two little boys and six other kids, but as much as i love them all, i still cant help wanting to die, now thats sad.

I personally can totally see how somebody can come to a point where they cannot handle their life and the suffering anymore and want it to be over with, I have been close myself on two seperate times. It is a great shame when people commit suicide because of depression because that can be cured, there is always a way out of depression in the end and I looked back and thought "wow, I am glad I did not actually attempt that in the end" others do not get that chance because they took their life and damaged a lot of others in return.

However, I have to go to hospital soon for blood tests on what may be thyroid cancer, I am onlu 23. If it turns out that I do have cancer and subsequently turns out ot be terminal, I would kill myself within a few weeks without a shadow of a doubt. I don't care what people say about that, terminally ill people are dying soon, so why stick out the pain and suffering when you can easily end it a few weeks or months sooner without that? I take valium daily for anxiety, I once was addicted and at one point I was taking 300-400mgs a day (30-40 blue valium pills). So to actually kill myself I am pretty sure I would need at least 1,000 Mgs. I am pretty booked up when it comes to drugs, paracetomol is a very stupid way to try and kill yourself, it takes several days and it is very painful, valium seems as if it would be pretty pain free, knocked out and then dead. Either that or simply jump off of a building.

u have to completely reconstruct urself!give that a try an see how it works.death is plan z.