Hello! I heard that American Heart Association recommends aspirin as an effective preventive of heart attack. Since I have many cases of cardiovascular diseases in my family I decided to use aspirin every day. My grandfather and my father died of heart attack. I’m taking three aspirins a day and I don’t feel any of possible side effects. Still, my sister says that I shouldn’t take three aspirins a day.

Hi! Yes, you are right; the American Heart Association has recommended Aspirin use as a preventive measure. But, if you have a high risk factor, don’t think that you eliminate all heart disease risk by taking Aspirin. Also, no medicine should be used before consulting your doctor first. You never know if your health condition or your health history may pose any risk. You are talking about taking three Aspirins a day but it is unclear how much mg is that and I can’t tell you anything more precise than this.