My mom has been suffering from terrible headaches that she treated with ibuprofen (every day!) she developed stomach problems recently and she went to see a doctor who said that she has gastritis. I am sure that this is because of the ibuprofen and aspirins that she took. Am I right?

Yes, you are, an aspirin or ibuprofen may cause gastritis--inflammation of the stomach lining. Gastritis is not a single disease and it can be caused by drinking too much alcohol, prolonged use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (aspirin or ibuprofen) or infection with bacteria such as Helicobacter pylori. The most common symptoms include abdominal upset or pain, belching, abdominal bloating, nausea, and vomiting or a feeling of fullness or of burning in the upper abdomen I hope she told her physician about her previous treatment.

What can I do to not upset my stomach when i take IBU800

Eat food when taking Ibuprofen. I also learned the hard way.