Hi! My grandmother has been having pain in her bones and joints (especially fingers) for almost a year. I tried to take her to her doctor but she always says she is old and it is normal to have pain in her fingers and legs when you are old. I told her it has to be some kind of arthritis and she should take some pain reliever. I heard ibuprofen is good pain reliever but I don’t know if ibuprofen helps with arthritis.

Hi! Well, your grandmother is right; when you are old chances for some kind of illness and pain are higher but it doesn’t mean elderly people should not treat it and make their lives easier and comfortable. Ibuprofen is indicated for relief of the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis and for relief of mild to moderate pain. But I think she should visit her doctor first since this medicine can increase the risk of serious cardiovascular and gastrointestinal adverse events which could be fatal.