Hello! My mother suffers from rheumatoid arthritis and her doctor prescribed ibuprofen among some other medications she takes as well. He prescribed 600mg three times a day and I am afraid it is too much. She doesn’t have any adverse reactions and she feels fine but I am afraid some reactions could occur in future. She also takes many other tablets and I am afraid this could affect her gastrointestinal system and create problems.

Hello! As I know it is important not to exceed the dose of 1200mg ibuprofen a day which means that daily dosage of 1800mg is maybe too much much. Also, I know that patients with rheumatoid arthritis require higher doses of ibuprofen tablets than patients with osteoarthritis. The dose is always tailored to each patient and I am sure that her doctor considered everything carefully. You haven’t mentioned which other medicine she is taking but it is good to take the tablets with milk in case some gastrointestinal complaints occur. She should consult her doctor.