I have been on a 300mg of effexor in effort to reduce my bad moods and depression. Lately I started having canker sores in my mouth and hot flashes as well. It seems to me that hot flashes are reduced now but I still get canker sores. Can anyone help me?

Hi there! I have been on 150 mg of effexor but didn’t get any canker sores. I have only dry mouth!
But my cousin had these canker sores eventhough she wasn’t on any medications and she used a paste called Aphthasol to treat it. Maybe you should talk to the doctor or a dentist if you could use it!

Hello! I had canker sores but I wasn’t on any medications before it. It is said that they go away without any tretmant but I had pain ,so I tried to relieve it with ibuprofen which actually helped. I also used Oragel to prevent irritation of the sores with eating and brushing teeth. But I don’t know if you can use any of this stuff concerning that you take this effexor. Consult your doctor or a dentist!

hello, I am on effexor and have also started having mouths full of canker sores.

I know this is way late but as soon as I starter effexor the mouth sores started and have continued for one year. 5+ canker sores at a time. I stopped effexor weeks ago and already my mouth seems better. How are you now with the mouth problems?

I have had teeeibke canker sores with Effexor. I’m getting off it BC they are unbearable - so many!! How long until they went away?