I’ve got these terrible canker sores recently. I never had them before and I don’t feel ill. Anyway my husband said that is because of the lots of stress that I am experiencing lately. Is it possible that my immune system is weakened due the stress and that is the reason that cancer sores appeared?

Yes, it is and there may be a connection between canker sores and stress. If the sores show up around big event in your life, it may be a sign of how much stress you're under, plus about twice as many women as men get them. Doctors think that may be due to the difference in male and female hormones because women often get them during certain times in their menstrual cycle. Some suggests that using products containing sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), a foaming agent found in most toothpastes and mouthwashes, can be associated with canker sores and deficiencies, such as not getting enough iron or vitamin B12, may also contribute to some cases of canker sores.