I have noticed I have painful mouth sore. It was not so hard to notice, since it really started to hurt me. I am so afraid what it could be, and off course, I was thinking of the worst thing that could happen. I have never had such a problem, which is why I do not know what to do now. Can you give me some info and instructions about painful mouth sores?

I think you should not be so much worry, since sores commonly develop on the lips and inside the mouth. These sores may be painful or bothersome, but most of them are harmless. Occasionally, they result from a serious disorder, and you should not think of the worst immediately. Any sore that is present for more than 3 to 4 weeks should be evaluated by a dentist or doctor, but I believe your symptom is newly. The most common sore on the lips is a cold sore, caused by a viral infection. Exposure to sunlight or cold can trigger this small and filled cold sore. This type of sores usually appears on the lips and reappears in the same place. The sore might forms a crust, and then disappears after 5 to 7 days, so you should wait at least that much to decide what to do. The most common sore inside the mouth is a canker sore, which are more likely to develop during stress or illness. They are white, flat, and surrounded by a red area and can be painful. Many are round, but sores may be irregularly shaped, differently to each person. They usually last 7 to 10 days and heal without a scar, but problem is they can often recur.