Hi, my son acts very strange and is diagnosed with ADD. But, knowing the name of this syndrome does not give me any relief. Still, i don’t know how to cope with it’s behaviour.

Hi, when my child was diagnosed I felt a kind of relief that there is a name for such a condition and that there are other children with the same problem. Relief in knowing that there was a reason for their childs behavior and that it can be treated. Actually, it takes all responsibility off him. You shouldn’t take it as your personal mistake or seeing yourself as a bad parent. This syndrome and your child’s behavior is not something in what you can have influence on. I have been feeling good for a while, but now again I feel disappointed as therapy is subject to grate debate in professional circles.

If you havent already, try altering your childs diet by including omega 3/6/9 oils. No lemonade or softdrinks, sodas etc. limit sugar, change from white bread to multigrain or wholemeal. eat a few fish meals a day. No take away foods, try to go as natural as possible.

I advised this to a friends son, who you could say would bounce off walls with his ADD. He was also on lots of medication , serious medication.

I suggested diet changes, and well after the boy carried on a lot about not having these things, and slowly adjusted to a healthier diet, well no more ADD, no more medication, and a much more peaceful child.

I wish you luck