Hi! I was diagnosed with OCD which came as no surprise to me, but still. Since I am wary of the classical methods for treating this disorder and have no idea what else to do, I hope to find someone to tell me what possible alternative OCD treatment would be recommended?

Hi! You could always use antidepressants and risk side effects. But, if you do wish to help yourself like I did, try using natural alternative in the form of St. John’s Wort herbal remedy. Still, I would strongly recommend natural stress relievers such as yoga exercises which will do wonders to you, trust me!

My son 2 years ago started to display tics, OCD, and anxiety. It was sooo bad I wondered how he could live a normal life because it ruled his waking hours. I'm happy to now report he is symptom FREE!!!!

It took a lot of diligence and detective work but what we did it and it does work!!!

The first thing most people have to understand is that there are tons of chemicals in our everyday food sources and if you are already struggling with something whether it be neuro-disorders or even migraines...these chemicals will exacerbate these conditions.

It turned out with my son that dairy was the main culprit behind his OCD and anxiety, sugar aggravated his tics and salicylates also aggravated his tics and anxiety. Preservatives and additives will always set him off!!!!

The first thing I tell people is take out ALL dairy!!!!! Milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. wait 2 weeks and see how you do. I would also switch to whole foods!!!! You will also want to add omega 3-6-9 to your diet....good brain supplement!!!

If you are eating those sugary cereals STOP!!!! They have an ingredient list a mile long....mostly chemicals!!!!!

There are many things you can do naturally that I can't fit into a posting

If I can be of any help let me know. Good luck!!

Alternative mom!!

**edited by moderator**

I found it interesting that diet could have something to do with OCD.

Anyway, stress is a HUGE factor in OCD and anything that can be done to reduce it is a major blessing. Any form of sublimation, such as exercise and strenuous activity, creative and recreational hobbies and pursuits will help, along with therapy, medication and natural remedies that boost concentration and maintain a healthy brain (omega 3 etc) and reduce anxiety such as the already mentioned St. John's Wart(do not take other anti depressive medication with this however)

Hope this helps

There have been many medical studies that support the theory that there are definite nutritional deficiencies in neurological conditions such as Autism, Asperger's, Tourette Syndrome, ADD, ADHD and OCD to name a few.

I actually put my husband on Children's Love My Brain Formula by desertwellnessinc.com and it's totally helped him. He has to take 3 since they are in children's dosages but he has said he feels a difference! It does contain DMG too which helps optimize neuro function.

smallchanges.info has many of the studies that talk about the deficiencies!

Good luck all!!

It looks like alternative mom's contact info was removed. I would really like to speak with her. I have heard before that dairy could be the problem and wheat as well. If she happens to see this hopefully we can find a way to communicate. I don't see anywhere on here how to message someone???? My daughter has TERRIBLE OCD.

I know this is old post, but my son's anxiety and OCD were caused from dairy (cow's milk). For my son dairy also caused extreme fatigue and "foggy brain". Hope you found some help.