I wondered if there was any relationship between contracting cellulitis and stress

i personally am convinced that there can be

i suffer from recurrent cellulitis, it does respond to erythromycin which i am currently taking continuously, but there is absolutely no doubt that it flares up in direct correlation with stress

it appears that the medical profession do not accept a causal link, ok now @51 i am almost obese, do not have diabetis, but it started with one lower leg in 2004 when i was 42/43 then the other in 2006 and then i was in hospital for 2 months in 2008 - all this time i was not really overweight and had perfect blood test results on everything

sure i had excema, dry skin on feet but each time the point of entry is never clear, it may have started with a spider bite from a dying spider in norfolk in 2004 and then become lodged in my blood

it now occurs under my armpits if i have been stressed and you just kill it with antibiotic

unless the medics get their act together i will die before my condition is accepted or cured

This happened to me too.

I am 43 yo and about a year ago I developed a venous statis ulcer on my lower inner leg/ankle, accompanied by a cronic case of celluitis. Ive been to a dr 2x's in the ER iv antibiotics with take home antibiotics as well. It is not the size of a softball and no one around me seems to get it. This is by far THE MOST painful thing ive experiencd in 43 years! Im having to deal with my pain by other means the dr wont give me anything for pain (ER docs) and I cant get an appt until the 21st of this month. Theres no telling if I will get any relief there. Im ant my wits end with some but almost no support im in an aweful state. My house looks like kindergarden class lives here, my husband is s complte narcissist and is of little help. What did you do to ease your pain and get your quality of life back?