Hi, I am member of school volleyball team and local club. So, I practice sport a lot and sometimes get an injury. Usually, only cuts and bruises which go away without any consequences. Recently, I got cellulitis. How can I prevent it?

It would be the best if you wouldn’t hurt your skin at all. However, in sports it is impossible, so at least start using some additional safety protection, like elbow and knee pads while playing a game, or by wearing long-sleeved cloth. If you do get a scrape, or cut wash the wound with soap and water and disinfect with antiseptic solution (alcohol, betadine). If you consider it useful, you may apply an antibiotic ointment and protect the wound with an adhesive bandage or gauze. You should check it regularly and keep clean and disinfected. If cellulitis occurs you should know that it is not contagious - you can't spread it to another person or catch it from someone else.