Yesterday I have heard something that really surprised me. I have heard cellutlitis is possible and commonly occurring infection of the skin. One friend of mine catches it and it was not harmless at all. She finished in the hospital, which is why I am so surprised and worried. Can you tell me something more about this term?

Cellulitis is a potentially serious bacterial infection of the skin. Usually it appears as a swollen, red area of skin that feels hot and tender. Problem with cellulitis is what it may spread rapidly. Skin on the lower legs or face is most commonly affected by this infection. I am not saying that cellulitis cannot occur on any part of the skin, but lower legs and face are the most commonly affected areas. The infection may only be superficial, but it may also affect the tissues underlying the skin. That means we have to consider dangerous this infection is bale to spread to the lymph nodes and bloodstream. If cellulitis is unrecognized and left untreated, the spreading bacterial infection may rapidly turn into a life-threatening condition. That is why it is extremely important to recognize the signs and symptoms of cellulitis. Once it happens, it is necessary to seek immediate medical attention as soon as it is possible.