My husband has been diagnosed with cellulitis and he is being treated with Keflex. We were having sex all the time and now I am worried that he infected me. There is some redness on the left side of my labia. Is cellulitis contagious, I mean is it possible that he transmitted me this infection?

In general, cellulitis is not contagious, but the bacterium causing the infection can be spread from one person to another. The most common bacteria to cause cellulitis are various types of streptococci and Staphylococcus aureus. It can occur anywhere on the body…I guess on the left side of labia too. The possibility is increased if you have minor skin cut or injury around your labia. Go to see a gynecologist!

Hi. I ended up with what started as a inch long blister and when it burst I ended up with cellulitis on my right labia. It was all warm and painful. I had this hole the size slightly smaller than a dime. It was about 1-2 mm deep. I ended up going to the doctor after waiting 5 days. I should have called right away. I was put on Keflex 1500 mg and then two days later 400 mg of Ciprofloxacin. Now, I am doing better and it isn't draining anymore. My doctor said not to be sexually active with this because you can infect the area more.

Andria

I woke up one morning and noticed two or three small blisters on the left labia. By nightfall there was a cluster of small blisters. The following morning I had swollen four or five times the normal size and the pain was unbearable. I ended up going to the emergency room and was put on Levaquin. After five days the swelling has gotten worse along with the pain. I ended up being hospitalized to get intravenious antibiotics. I spent ten days in the hospital. My doctors said I made things worse because I shaved around the infected area. The infection has gone but I still have a few small bumps that are still there. I check them everyday now afraid that the infection will return. I think the whole ordeal has turned me into a clean freak.

T.