Sunday evening I felt pain in my nose as if I'm getting a pimple. I work up Monday morning feeling like I got punched in the nose and my bridge was swollen and painful. I have been sneezing from allergies all week so its possible I got an infection. I was also picking on my blackheads so it could have come from anywhere. I went to the doctors office and saw a physicians assistant she suspects is cellulitis. She prescribed bactrim but I am petrified of taking any antibiotics because I am a highly allergic person. I'm allergies to most foods that I have a very limited diet so scared. I have no fever. For now I've been using saline spray rinse and neosporin outside my nose. The pain subsided about 10% after 24 hours but I still have a ton of pain. I read from forums that nasal cellulitis can lead to blood or brain infection so since I'm scared if taking antibiotics because if adverse affect I don't what to do. I'm damned if I take antibiotics I'm damned if I don't. Does here here experienced this and didn't need antibiotics? Please please help. Thanks.

Hello Kristina,

did you tell to your doctor that you were afraid you might be allergic to the antibiotic? The thing is - any form of cellulitis can lead to blood infection, that's why it's necessary you treat it. Even if you didn't take the antibiotic - things are not getting better and you're not getting treated. So what you really need to do is to see a doctor and start with the appropriate treatment.

Tell them you're afraid you might be allergic to the antibiotic they might give you and you'll probably take it under their supervisement. So you'll know if it's safe or not and be able to take it regularly, for as long as it's prescribed. It's a real danger and you need to get it treated.

Wish you all the best

Thanks. There was no doctor at urgent care it was a pa and she just have me bactrim. The good news is after doing the steaming and putting topical antibiotic like neosporin my nose does not feel as bad anymore. I would say the pain decreased by at least 50%. I'm still scared that infections I spread and get dangerous but since it feels better maybe its okay? I'm even more scared of taking antibiotic. If anyone ever had the same symptom and didn't take antibiotics I would love I hear what you did. Thanks

Wait, you're putting Neosporion on your nose, but you're afraid of Bactrim? Both are antibiotics and you don't seem to have any allegic reaction to them.