first two epidurals worked good. One year later I returned for a third and all hell broke loose. within thirty hours I had a whole new set of symptoms in a different area from what the injection was meant for. Is it possible for the injection or medication to effect or damage other nerves. In this case he was aiming for L4-L5 and the L2-L3 went hay wire.

I'm trying to learn more about what happened to me. I'm a 59 year old male and recently went in for an inguinal hernia repair. My operation was four days ago and I have had a persistent burning sensation in my left leg, on the top side, 10 to 15 cm above my knee cap.

I've already spoken to both the surgeon and the anesthetist. Was your pain similar to mine? I see you posted here in 2007 but hope your e-mail address is still the same one. (This is my first post here.)

Thanks, Dave Horne - The Netherlands

I had out patient surgery Mon april 15 I have had severe buutocks and leg pain since the meds wore off. I read that there was 2 other cases.

I too experience a transferance of pain with my epidural. My abdomen was numb but my buttocks and thighs burned with pain.

I have had my severe pain from my lower back all the way down my legs, mainly in the back of the legs. Have you had any luck with reducing or eliminating the pain? If so, how?