Six weeks ago I had two level cervical spinal fusion at between c 5 and c6 and c6 and c7. I have no energy and lack stamina. I feel really rotten some days and a little better some days. Is this normal? %-)

Hi I had cercical fusion at c6-7 on Feb 3rd of this year and I am still having some good days and some bad days too. Is it normal, I am not sure. I ask on my last visit and the Doc told me,"this is not an over night fix and my body will take time to heal". It is fustraring but I know if I do something too fast I am going to have more troubles. I would say let your body heal right or it will be alot worse later down the road for you.. Keep your head up high and I wish you the best. As I try to say everyday, " I am grateful to be alive today to see my kids grow up". God Bless :)Kathy

I had cervical fusion at c6-7 on 1st september at Thornbury Hospital, Sheffield (Mr Kemeny was the surgeon) I had been in pain from my neck down my left arm to my elbow, for 11 weeks to the day. I am now completely out of pain, a few fluttering down my arm I take 2 declafenic anti inflammitory a day these are not for the pain but for any inflamation!I have been in agony for the 11 weeks, taking pain killers that have only dulled the pain, I cant thank him enough, I have my life and personality back. I have got to wear a neck brace for 3 weeks continually then occasionally for another 3 weeks, I cant do any sport for 3 weeks and normally I run,swim,gym,tennis.ski, all of these I WILL be able todo whereas if I had not had the op I would have got worse and the muscle waste down my left arm is frightening after only 11 weeks, I dread to think what state it would have been in if I had gone on the NHS waiting list! I paid private and is the best