I'm 17 years old and i have been having some personal problems with my stomach and I have been having really bad mood swings. I cry for no apparent reason and then im fine then im ready to snap somebodys head off. I know i am having these mood swings bc i am just stressed to my limit. Anyways i want to know if it is safe for me to take chantix right now due to these swings? I have read that chantix has side affects such as suicidal thoughts and lashing out at people. And i dont want to take the risk with me having a 10 month old baby???? So does anyone know how affective these side affects can be???????????????????

Hi honey! It`s me again!!! 8-| Anyway I just looked up Chantix on several sites and I would DEFINITELY advise against this! Even the FDA feel there is a correlation between ChantixéVarenicline and MAJOR mood swings and severe aggression! So I would DEFINITELY advise against it! I truly think that if your doctor was to put you on the other medications that we were talking about, that you could deal with the smoking issue later! With EVERYTHING You have going on right now, you don`t need to be taking the chance with taking a known mood depressant! OK!

Thank you bambi you always get back to me and i appreciate you helping me out so much. I am just so lost right now I want to get better and I'm scared to take the medicine with me having to deal with the baby and having so much on me right now so thank you for letting me know that and telling me that!!!!! I am definately going to wait until I have everything else straightened out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!