Hello. I don't know did anyone had this problem. I assume that someone did. But, here is my story. Some constant mood swings are bothering me and I really don't know what to do. It is mixed and all my feelings are mixed as well. I have mood swings of sadness, fear and anger as well. I notice this a couple of months ago, but I haven't talked to anyone about this. I don't know why this happens to me, so far I didn't have any problem in my life that can lead to this situation.

Why am I having sudden mood swings of sadness, fear, and anger?

Because you are one step closer to depression or you are dealing with depression already? Have you visited your doctor, did you told him about your mood swings? You didn't? Well, you should!

Those mood swings could be only the beginning of a cycle of the depression, and that's the way depression worked for a lot of people, so you are not an exception. When you noticed that this is happening to you? In some particular situations in your life or it doesn't really matter?

I would definitely suggest that you go see a psychologist for an evaluation, just to be sure!

Mood swings can also be caused by a bipolar disorder but I am assuming that you would have noticed this before if you were suffering from a bipolar disorder.

It might be just a phase if you are under a lot of stress lately, if you are really under a lot of stress, then the cause is probably not depression but all of that stress and you will get better soon. If that is not the case, you might want to talk to your doctor just in order to have you depression diagnosed and then you will see what to do next.

So you don't have anything that you are worried about right now, that is keeping your thoughts occupied day and night? Because stress is the most common thing to cause mood swings, if it isn't caused by a certain disorder. Fear is a normal thing for a person to experience but it all depends on what exactly are you afraid of. Same goes for the anger, why are you angry and on who are you angry, are you maybe angry on yourself?

If you cannot answer these questions, then you should go and talk to a psychologist who will help you find these answers.

Well, to be honest I do have something that is bothering me for couple of days. But I don't think that those are the reasons for those mood swings. For example, there are so many things, but one that really bothers me is because I am out of money and I need it right now. But I repeat - that is a thing that occurs to me once in a month and I don't think that this is a real reason. Maybe this all affects me, I don't know....Now, I am scared because I didn't believe that this could be because of bipolar disorder?!?!? I really don't want to have it, I was reading about this and I have heard that it is awful...I don't know how to explain...

Like I said, if you cannot answer the questions that I wrote above on your own then you want to see a psychologist. Most of the mood swings are caused by a bipolar disorder, that's true, but not all of them, sometimes it is just something that is currently going on in your life and sometimes it might be caused by depression or anxiety. Whatever it is, you won't be able to find it out on your own so you better just go and talk to a psychologist or remain stuck with this while wondering why all of this is happening in the first place.

It might be just a period since you said that you have never had any problems like this in the past and you don't have anything that is causing you to be stressed out right now. I am assuming that this will pass on its own pretty soon. I think that we all have these kind of periods, when we have sudden mood swings, when we are sad, when we fear and when we are angry. Everybody experiences it for a short period of time and then it goes away, I am almost certain that the same will happen with you.

You have those mood changes that can be signs of depression and anxiety at the same time. Those are mental disorders that you can control if you start to take care of them on time. You are just one step close to those mental issues and you should consult someone as soon as possible. Maybe this is periodical because you said that you never had this before, that you never felt like this and that you do have something that bothers you. Maybe it will go away, but definitely it is not time to wait to see will it. 

It is not a shame to see someone who can help you.